Saturday, March 1, 2008

Oh How He Loves You And Me

Do you know the song?
Oh how he loves you and me
Oh how he loves you and me
He gave his life,

What more could He give?

God certainly knows how to love on us, doesn't he? Not only did he give everything for us, as the song above says, but he knows when we need some extra loving, and knows exactly how to do that. Allow me to explain further.

Everyone has there bad days, and I definitely have my share of them. However, yesterday was an extremely low day for me. So many things piled on at once, and to top that off, the day was dreary and gray with rain. It's been months and months since I've cried, and that's all I wanted to do yesterday. I was emotionally exhausted and at the end of my rope. You get the picture.

I worked a double shift yesterday. The morning and Applebee's and the evening at my new job, with an hour to rest in between. Beginning with Applebee's, people just loved on me all day long. Through hugs and words of encouragement, God just piled it on! I even had an excellent "interview" with the top dogs at Applebee's to talk about management (don't ask). It seemed everyone had something good to say, and we were busy enough to help me keep my mind off of my emotions as well.

Then there was the new job - New Orleans Manor (check it out - great food). On day 2 there, the cook heard my request from earlier in the week and brought in platanos, or plantains, to share. He took much effort to make me a special dish, a sopapilla with ice cream and plantains. He put a lot of effort and time into this dish, and it was worth every minute. This was the best part of my day, and quite possibly the week. I wish you could have tried it, as every bite said "God loves you"

My day ended wonderfully, my GM told me I could rest this morning and took me off of the schedule, so now I'm at home, feeling loved and calm, and looking forward to a splendid day. I know I'm loved, and my prayer is that today you will know this also.





1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

OOOH! That looks great!

I am sorry that it was a tough day. Lots of new experiences and I am sure you get pretty exhausted with your job(s)! Hang in there sweets!

Btw, did you like my attempt at Spanish in the earlier post?