Saturday, December 1, 2007

Job Searching

So, I'm in the middle of searching for a "real" job right now. Working at Applebee's as their favorite hostess helps to keep me busy and brings in some money, but I moved here to work with at-risk teens. There aren't many of those at Applebee's, although my coworkers definitely have their issues (don't we all?).

I have sent out only a dozen resumes, and have kind of burnt out the last two weeks. There is a place I want to work for, but I haven't heard back from them yet (and yes, I followed-up). Then there is the place who offered me a job....I should probably pursue that a little more. However, the administrator made it very clear that working there would not be the place for me. Then there's....the third place. A place where I could probably get a job if I chased after it. After visiting the program though, I'm not so sure that it is a program I can support.

Here is where YOU come in. Please leave me a comment and let me know what your opinion is. Should I accept a job because it's a job, and some experience, or should I hold out for something that I can support and be happy doing, even if that doesn't come along quickly?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kyla- You can take a job to work in the field you want to work in until something better comes along. If you take a job and find a better one two weeks later, take it. The losing employer will find someone else, it's not the end of the world. IMO, when it comes to jobs, you need to make sure that YOU and happy. Everyone is replaceable, you know?