Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Psalm.

I call to the Lord for help;
I plead with him.
I bring him all my complaints;
I tell him all my troubles.
When I am ready to give up,
he knows what I should do.

Lord, I cry to you for help;
you, Lord, are my protector;
you are all I want in this life.
Listen to my cry for help,
for I am sunk in despair.
Save me from my enemies;
they are too strong for me.
Set me free from my distress;
then in the assembly of your people I will praise you
because of your goodness to me.

I will proclaim your greatness, my God and king;
I will thank you forever and ever.
Every day I will, thank you;
I will praise you forever and ever.

The Lord is great and is to be highly praised;
his greatness is behone understanding.
What you have done will be praised from one generation to the next;
they will proclaim your mighty acts.

They will speak of your glory and majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.
People will speak of your mighty deeds,
and I will proclaim your greatness.
They will tell about all your goodness
and sing about your kindness.

Your rule is eternal, and you are king forever.
The Lord is faithful to his promises;
he is merciful in alll his acts.
He helps those who are in trouble;
he lifts those who have fallen.

Don't put your trust in human leaders;
no human being can save you.
When they die, they return to the dust;
on that day all their plans come to an end.

The Lord sets prisoners free
and gives sight to the blind.
He lifts those who have fallen;
he loves his righteous people.
He protects the strangers who live in our land;
he helps widows and orphans,
but takes the wicked to their ruin.
The Lord is king forever.
Your God, O Zion, will reign for all time.

Praise the Lord!

Portions of Psalm 142, 145, and 146

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Amen girl. Read the Psalms on the metro today. We had a delay from ice storms. Bu hao.