Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CASA


Yesterday I officially started training for a nation-wide volunteer program called CASA. Court Appointed Special Advocates work with children who are in the court systems as a result of abuse or neglect. CASA's mission is "to expedite the process through which these abused and neglected children find permanent, safe homes."

I became more and more excited as I sat through the introduction class. Working with children in the court systems has been my dream since I was 15, so this is the perfect opportunity to see if it's something that I will actually enjoy. Check out the program. I'll try to keep you posted on my experiences!

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Kyla, that is awesome! They are very well respected in social work circles. How exciting! Happy training :)