Monday, August 11, 2008

Jeremiah 29


Jeremiah 29

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

I read a book last week that emphasized verse 11 above and have been repeating it to myself all weekend. This is such a great comfort to me in this time of my life! As my friend Jared noticed yesterday, I'm "itching" for something to happen. Like the well known hymn below, every hour I'm constantly attempting to look to Christ and trust that I'm in the place He wants me to be, and that my future is under His control.

Refrain
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessèd Son.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.


No comments: