Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peace

I was on a walk with a friend last night and kept thinking about the word "peace". We were walking on a path that always makes me feel peaceful, which made me think more about what peace means to me. So, I turned to my new friend biblegateway and typed in the word. Enjoy the following verses that I chose because of the picture they drew for me. Peace may mean something different for everyone, but for me it's when the twisted, busy world seems to disappear for a moment and all I know is that God is good. When the rest of the world disappears and I feel calm. May you find peace at some point in your day today.

1 Chronicles 16
27 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place.

Psalm 4
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 17
15 And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.

Isaiah 54
10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,"says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Luke 1
79to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

No comments: